Events are open to all members and we invite the public to attend up to three Generative Dialogue sessions.
- This event has passed.
Generative Dialogue on Peacebuilding
May 12 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm BST
Dialogue theme: The Limits of Dialogue
This session will focus on the limits of dialogue, by exploring the following questions:
- At what point dialogue does dialogue fall apart or break down?
- Which lines should not be crossed in order to keep a dialogue going?
- How can we prepare ourselves to go as far as necessary (or possible) in a dialogue, without jeopardizing our own sense of integrity in the process when faced with uncomfortable comments, or views that make us feel unsafe?
- Building on this line of inquiry, and bearing in mind that dialogue is central to peacebuilding and to conflict transformation, how do we hold on to dialogue and keep it going, even when there are signals that parties gathered are triggering one another or unable to engage with an open mind?
- What is the role of “conflict” in dialogic relations, and how can conflict possibly move dialogue forward? Join us for another heartfelt collective inquiry into these and other emerging questions!
“In true dialogue, both sides are willingThich Nhat Hanh
To register, please complete the form below
About the Generative Dialogue Series on Peacebuilding
This series aims to create a learning community for peacebuilders around the globe, as we explore together and amplify our own efforts on the ground. Peacebuilding is essential in everyday lives where conflicts emerge, and transform through our interactions and way of being.
‘Peacebuilding’ comes to mind as a concept most often associated with war and post-conflict reconciliation efforts. Many members of the Academy of Professional Dialogue work in (post-) conflict contexts, using Dialogue to bridge polarization. Dialogue is used as a space for listening to diverse perspectives and creating a shared understanding of our past, present, and future. Dialogue can help bridge the divides between different ideologies, viewpoints, perspectives, politics.
The sessions in 2022 will take place on monthly basis, every 2nd Thursday of the month, lasting 90 minutes, always at the same time: 11AM-12:30PM EST, 4-5:30PM GMT, 5-6:30PM CET. Academy members and guests are welcome to join!